Wednesday 15 July 2009

DropShip XX

I posted a thread on TMP about my progess on the DropShip, and I got a great reply from BillChuck. I'd mused that the windscreen looked too big, I think it looks more sleek spaceship than functional plummeting brick drop ship.


So BillChuck suggested that raise the lower edge of the screen and divide it vertically. Like so:


Well the first thing that popped into my head was "I wanna learn how to do that in PaintShop!" (But i really need to finish one thing before learning to do another!)

I do like the raised lower edge a lot. However I'm not so sure about the vertical divide - it reminds me too much of old VW windscreens! However having seen this, some sort of division looks like it might be needed.

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. The photoshop (actually GIMP) work was easy. I just copied the bottom edge of the windscreen and pasted it back in many times, moving it up a little bit each time until I covered everything I wanted to. Then I selected the area and ran a blur filter over it to smooth out the edges and hide the copy/paste work. The vertical frame was copied from the far edge frame, and the side window work was copied from the upper frame of that window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of reducing the windscreen area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bill.

    Glad you like the Idea Mr Teufel.

    Hope you both like what I did on the next entry...

    ReplyDelete