Monday 5 July 2010

Benan Watchtower Geometry

A few hours on the PC and several attempts later and I have laid up the 2D geometry for the Benan Watchtower.

This was a bit of a challenge to get the pieces tessellated onto as small a footprint as possible. The good news is that I've managed to get it onto 1 1/2 sheets of styrene (all 1mm thick) and that means the likely price will be around the same as the Tower.



All I have to do to add the thousands of tiny little fiddly awkward tabs that hold the pieces to the sprue.. thousands and millions of the damned things... You may notice I don't actually like that bit! I get to this point in the kit design, and I feel like I am finished. There is still a long way to go - notably creating the assembly instructions, which are necessary but not fun and it can be soul destroying - especially when you awkward customers then suggest things that would have been great ideas and helpful 4 weeks ago but are now just a pain in the proverbial! Grrrr.... customers!



I shall work up the Geometry for the attaching walls and then send them for the prototype cut together hopefully by the end of the week. An I hope to have both models available for Pre-order by 2nd August.

No comments:

Post a Comment