Monday 5 July 2010

Gauntlet 2010 - Deeside Defenders

My local club - Deeside Defenders - held their annual show over the weekend at "Wings" - the Airbus Sports and Social Club at Broughton North Wales. Due to family commitments I was only able to pop along on Sunday afternoon with a bundle of model kits and some panted demo pieces.

Because of work commitments I am almost never able to actually go along to the club to play, but I am always welcomed when I drop in and there was a lot of good conversation , suggestions and feedback, and a number of models exchanged hands for nice crisp folding cash!  If anyone who bought kits has feedback, suggestions or any questions then I'm very happy to hear them as I am to have any customer pictures for use in the gallery.

I picked up many ideas for kits - a lot of them different layouts of slates and shingles and roofing, and a few for windows, doors and other building bits, and there was some enthusiasm for the stockade kits I am working on.

Thanks guys for making me welcome, and a big thanks also to the Society of Twentieth Century Wargamers (SOTCW) for entertaining my 9 year old son and letting him help the Spanish invade Morocco.

I can thoroughly recommend the club to anyone in the West Cheshire or Flintshire areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment