Sunday 17 April 2016

Grymn Fliers - VIII

Thought I'd clean the airbrush. And then clean the airbrush. And then for a change, clean the airbrush some more.

And then put some undercoat on the fliers and other models. This is an all over coat of grey primer, followed by Zenithal undercoat - black shot on the underside of the models and a thin white coat shot from the top down. I've never done this before, but it's intended to show through the top coat so that you get a more natural shading of the model colours. I remain to see if this affects my painting.




All the models here other than the fliers are from Old Crow Models.


6 comments:

  1. At first I thought these were computer renders. I'll be interested to see how it impacts your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not sure if that's a good thing or not lol:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree - first reaction was ..is..that a render..? Lovely stuff and great too see the flyers come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have in the part used this 'zenith' painting style - I think it works, but not to the extend that I would use it every time.

    Have you read about Colour Modulation? There is a very good article by Frazer Grey in the latest Military Modeller Special Issue. I think the Old Crow models with their flat surfaces would be a great project to try this painting scheme out on.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to try and replicate the colour scheme I created a few years back...
    http://brandlin.blogspot.co.uk/2008/05/creating-grymn-force-xii.html
    Because it's a three colour camo style modulating the panels would be pretty difficult.
    You're right though, the angular nature of the vehicles would be good for the modulation technique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a few more than a few, I'm afraid...

      Good scheme though!!

      Delete